1. The prize draw is open to persons aged 21 years or over, except employees of Abcam, their families, agents or any third party associated with administration of the prize draw. Federal employees are also excluded from entering the prize draw.
2. Residents of the following territories are excluded from the competition: People's Republic of China, Florida, New York, Rhode Island, Quebec and Wyoming, Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Vietnam, Philippines, Australia, New Zealand and India and Pakistan.
3. The competition is free to enter, and no purchase is necessary. To complete a competition entry, a research proposal of 250 words on how you would use cell lines in your research, in English, is considered a successful entry.
4. All entries must be submitted via https://go.myabcam.com/ko-cell-lines-competition. Limit one entry per household.
5. The opening date for entries is 9am GMT on October 6th 2020. The closing date of the prize draw is 11.59pm GMT on November 17th 2020. Entries received after this time will not be accepted.
6. Abcam accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully completed due to a technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure of any kind.
7. To register your laboratory in the competition, you must be employed at the time of registration and be authorized to enter the competition on behalf of the laboratory. A valid scientific institution or organization, along with an email address must be entered at the time of purchase or entry form completion for the entry to count. Applications automatically generated by computer will be disqualified.
8. THREE winners will be chosen by an Abcam expert based on the best entry by November 24th 2020.
9. The winners will receive a prize of Abcam catalogue KO cell lines valued at £5,997 for 1st prize, £3,998 for 2nd prize and £1,999 for 3rd prize (based on list price of a KO cell line). The cost of delivery will also be included in the prize. The winners will responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. The prize is restricted to one prize per winner.
10. The delivery of the prize is subject to the courier’s timescales. Abcam is not responsible for any delays and cannot guarantee a delivery date.
11. The winners will be notified by email (using details provided at entry) before December 1st 2020. If the winner does not respond to Abcam within ten (10) days of being notified by Abcam, then the winner's prize will be forfeited and Abcam will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
12. The winners must confirm their acceptance to receive the prize prior to December 10th, or the prize will be forfeited, and another winner drawn using the method described in point 8. They then they must confirm an address where the prize will be sent by providing; a name, contact number and address.
13. All Winners are responsible for ensuring that accepting the prize does not violate their employers’ rules and must advise Abcam that they are permitted to accept the prize. The prize may not be claimed by a third party on the winner’s behalf or donated to a third party. If the winner needs to withdraw for any reason, another winner will be selected.
14. The winners will be asked (upon confirmation of the acceptance of the prize) if they are happy to be identified as the winner of the prize. If the winner is happy to be identified the winner of the competition will be announced on Twitter and Facebook by January 25th 2021.
15. The prize for the winners is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered. The prizes will be awarded to the laboratory and will not be the property of the individual.
16. If the winners are a US resident for tax purposes, they will be required to fill out a W9 and return a copy to Abcam, found here https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw9.pdf.
17. The decision of Abcam regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
18. Each winners’ name and country can be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to Laura Pepper, Abcam plc, Discovery Drive, Cambridge Biomedical Campus, Cambridge, CB2 0AX, UK OR an email to email@example.com within seven (7) days after the Draw Date. Prize winners may object to their information being shared in this way or ask Abcam to reduce the amount of information Abcam makes available about them when confirming acceptance of their prize in accordance with point 8 above.
19. By entering this competition, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions. You are also agreeing to be contacted by Abcam in relation to the competition only. We will not share your details with anyone else except as specified in these terms. You can opt out of receiving communications from us at any time by unsubscribing from our newsletter. The information you provide will be retained and analyzed for marketing purposes, but we will not contact you for marketing purposes unless you have opted in for marketing communications, and have not unsubscribed, except as outlined in these terms.
20. Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry. Abcam reserves the right to refuse entry or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
21. Abcam reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
22. Insofar as is permitted by law, Abcam, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of Abcam, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
23. Personal data supplied during the course of this promotion may be passed on to third party suppliers only insofar as required for fulfilment/delivery/arrangement of the prize.
24. The prize draw will be governed by English law and entrants to the prize draw agree to submit to binding arbitration to resolve any disputes relating to the promotion.
25. Abcam plc located at Abcam plc, Discovery Drive, Cambridge Biomedical Campus, Cambridge, CB2 0AX, UK is the sponsor of this competition.