Terms and conditions
1. The competition is open to persons aged 18 years or over, except employees of Abcam, their families, agents or any third party associated with administration of the prize draw. Federal employees are also excluded from entering the competition.
2. The competition is free to enter, and no purchase is necessary. To complete a competition entry, a scientific question will be asked and must be answered to submit a successful entry. This question will be asked to enable all entries to compete for the prize.
3. The opening date for entries is 9am GMT on Sept 26, 2019. The closing date of the prize draw is 11.59pm GMT on Oct 15, 2019. Entries received after this time will not be accepted.
4. Abcam accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully completed due to a technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure of any kind.
5. A valid scientific institution or organization must be entered at the time of purchase or entry form completion for the entry to count. Applications automatically generated by computer will be disqualified.
6. Five winners will be chosen by a random draw on October 24, 2019.
7. The winner will receive a prize of a signed hardback copy of Adam Rutherford’s book The Book of Humans.
8. The winner will be notified by email or twitter (using details provided at entry) before October 26, 2019. If the winner does not respond to Abcam within seven (7) days of being notified by Abcam, then the winner's prize will be forfeited and Abcam will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
9. The winner must confirm their acceptance to receive the prize prior to Nov 2, 2019, or the prize will be forfeited, and another winner drawn using the method described in point 8. They then they must confirm an address where the prize will be sent by providing; a name, contact number and address. The winner is responsible for ensuring that accepting the prize does not violate their employers’ rules and must advise Abcam that they are permitted to accept the prize. The prize may not be claimed by a third party on the winner’s behalf or donated to a third party. If the winner needs to withdraw for any reason, another winner will be selected.
10. The winner will be asked (upon confirmation of the acceptance of the prize) if they are happy to be identified as the winner of the prize. If the winner is happy to be identified the winner of the competition will be announced on Twitter by Nov 3, 2019.
11. The prize for the winner is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
12. The decision of Abcam regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
13. The winner's name and country can be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to Laura Pepper, Abcam plc, Discovery Drive, Cambridge Biomedical Campus, Cambridge, CB2 0AX, UK OR an email to email@example.com within seven (7) days after the Draw Date.
14. By entering this competition, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions. You are also agreeing to be contacted by Abcam in relation to the competition only. We will not share your details with anyone else except as specified in these terms. You can opt out of receiving communications from us at any time by unsubscribing from our newsletter. The information you provide will be retained and analyzed for marketing purposes, but we will not contact you for marketing purposes unless you have opted in for marketing communications, and have not unsubscribed, except as outlined in these terms.
15. Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry. Abcam reserves the right to refuse entry or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
16. Abcam reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
17. Insofar as is permitted by law, Abcam, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of Abcam, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
18. Personal data supplied during the course of this promotion may be passed on to third party suppliers only insofar as required for fulfilment/delivery/arrangement of the prize.
19. The competition will be governed by English law and entrants to the competition agree to submit to binding arbitration to resolve any disputes relating to the promotion.
20. Abcam plc located at Unit Abcam plc, Discovery Drive, Cambridge Biomedical Campus, Cambridge, CB2 0AX, UK is the sponsor of this sweepstakes.