Discover the chemical structure of different RNA modifications, their distribution, and function in mRNA and tRNAs.
1. The prize draw is open to persons aged 21 years or over, except employees of Abcam, their families, agents or any third party associated with administration of the prize draw.
2. The prize draw is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
3. All entries must be submitted via http://go.myabcam.com/rna-modifications. Limit one entry per household.
4. The opening date for entries is 9am GMT on 9 July 2018. The closing date of the prize draw is 11.59pm GMT on 8 August 2018. Entries received after this time will not be accepted.
5. Abcam accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully completed due to a technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure of any kind.
6. A valid scientific institution or organization must be entered at the time of purchase or entry form completion for the entry to count. Applications automatically generated by computer will be disqualified.
7. One winner will be chosen by a random draw on 10 August 2018 (“Draw Date”).
8. The winner will receive a prize of up to five hundred US dollars ($500) (or equivalent currency) to be reimbursed upon submission of valid receipts directly relating to the cost of the winner’s attendance at an RNA conference anywhere in the world, i.e. the registration fee, economy flights to or from the conference location, and hotel (room only) accommodation (“Qualifying Expenses”). The odds of winning the prize are dependent upon the number of entrants and the prize is worth up to five hundred US dollars ($500.00). The prize is restricted to one grant per winner.
9. The winner will be notified by email (using details provided at entry) before 17 August 2018. If the winner does not respond to Abcam within seven (7) days of being notified by Abcam, then the winner's prize will be forfeited and Abcam will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
10. The winner must confirm his or her attendance at the conference by showing proof of registration prior to 1 December 2018, or the prize will be forfeited and another winner drawn. The winner is responsible for ensuring that accepting the prize does not violate their employers’ rules, and must advise Abcam that they are permitted to accept the prize. The prize may not be claimed by a third party on the winner’s behalf or donated to a third party. If the winner needs to withdraw for any reason, another winner will be selected.
11. The winner of the competition will be announced on Twitter, Facebook and WeChat by 17 August 2018.
12. Abcam will reimburse the winner following production of valid receipts for Qualifying Expenses and following proof of attendance for the majority of the conference i.e. by attending a prize-giving at the conference booth. If the registration fee and the Qualifying Expenses are less than $500, the winner will not receive the difference in cash.
13. The prize for the winner is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
14. The decision of Abcam regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
15. The winner's name and country can be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to Laura Pepper, Abcam plc, Unit 200 Cambridge Science Park, Cambridge CB4 0FL, UK OR an email to firstname.lastname@example.org within seven (7) days after the Draw Date.
16. By entering this competition, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions. You are also agreeing to be contacted by Abcam in relation to the competition only. We will not share your details with anyone else except as specified in these terms. You can opt out of receiving communications from us at any time by unsubscribing from our newsletter. The information you provide will be retained and analyzed for marketing purposes, but we will not contact you for marketing purposes unless you have opted in for marketing communications, and have not unsubscribed, except as outlined in these terms.
17. Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry. Abcam reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
18. Abcam reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
19. Insofar as is permitted by law, Abcam, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of Abcam, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
20. Personal data supplied during the course of this promotion may be passed on to third party suppliers only insofar as required for fulfilment/delivery/arrangement of the prize.
21. The prize draw will be governed by English law and entrants to the prize draw agree to submit to binding arbitration to resolve any disputes relating to the promotion.
22. Abcam plc located at Unit 330 Cambridge Science Park, Cambridge CB4 0FL, UK is the sponsor of this sweepstakes.